Thursday, December 6, 2007

1st Post



A while back I suffered through some difficult times and was very shy. A friend of mine suggested I pick up a camera and use it as a way to get over my shyness and to express myself more. I have since become hooked on photography and everything about it. This is my journey as an amateur photographer.



Monica was the first woman to agree to pose nude for me. So many things wrong from a technical sense, but I ended up getting what are to me, some very memorable photos. This is a photo that I have come to know and love. She was also a great girlfriend at the time and we have since moved on but remain friends (i'm 15 years older so it was expected not to last).

Processing was done in photoshop using two actions combined. One is called professional retro. I then mesed with the saturation until I got something I liked. Next, I ran an action called Midnight Black. Now I'm the first to admit I don't have great photoshop skills but I liked the artistic mood of the photo.

No comments: