Sunday, December 9, 2007

Glamour




Okay, not a nude shot, but one that I like alot. The lighting was just two 550 speedlights. One of the flashes was bounced into an umbrella and the other was bare flash against the white wall. I put the flashes close to the model to control the fall off as I wanted the bottom of the stairs to go dark and impart some mystery. I trigger my flash using pocketwizards (those things are great) and just look at the histogram until I get what I like. I have a flashmeter but don't use it all that often.


Post processing was some curves etc. Nothing special here


Christmas is almost here (as if you didn't know). It's always hard for me to get in the Christmas spirit. Maybe it's because in my whole life I have never seen snow. Yep, you read correctly I have never seen snow. I have spent my entire life in the Pacific. Mostly in Micronesia and more recently in the South Pacific. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy living here and being able to go to the beach and even throw a fishing line in the water right outside my house and catch dinner. But without snow I just have always felt something is missing.


Of course there are some unique and wonderful things here also. Song and dance is huge here and all the people put on shows where they sing and dance. It is great and everyone takes great pride in their group and they are very competitive. For two nights they get together and perform.


Now buying Christmas presents can be a challenge, with no big malls to shop at. However, given the recent tragedy with the mall shooting, that is okay by me. Through the magic of online shopping I can normally get what I need to get in regards to christmas presents.


I guess that brings me to one of the best things about living out here in the middle of the ocean. Violent crime is very very low. I don't worry about someone getting crazy. The kids (yes I have kids) go to school and I don't worry about them either.


I'm going to leave you with a photo of one of the dancers that will be dancing at the Christmas performances going on. I liked the photo as it shows the carefree and happy nature of the people here. I guess this is actually better than going to some of the Christmas shows on the mainland. At least we don't have to wrap up in winter coats here.

Well one last comment, I wanted the other photo down here but ended up at the top. Trying to figure out how to fix it but give up for now.



No comments: